Saturday, November 07, 2009

The Season is Over

Well, the season is over, My show pulled out of the Chesterfield County Library in Chesterfield this morning and everything is back in Winter Quarters now. We had a nice eight week run in one spot. The crowds were very appreciative.

We pulled another 10 week showing at the Cheraw Library earlier this year then took most of the summer off. There is lot's of work to do this winter though. With most of the show equipment being about thirty years old now, there are many repairs to be made. The guys working in the Carpentry shop are going really be busy this year. I've sold all the elephants, caged animals and horses so there won't be anything to feed this winter. I'll try to lease some next spring.

4 comments:

Down the Road by Jim said...

1/2 " stuff looks like parade wagons from C.W.M. , as do the flats they're on ---- how bout some close ups of those wagons , or loaded flats !

Bob Cline said...

I suppose some close-ups could be found or taken. I started building the CWM train 30 some years ago. I loved every minute of the 1/2" modeling. then I moved and just never got started on it again.
Bob

Hal Guyon said...

Nice looking display Bob, I should have gotten up there to see it. When you do it again, let me know and I`ll throw in a couple of items if you`d like.

JIM ELLIOTT said...

REAL NICE LOOKING stuf, Bob. You have done a wonderful job.