Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wagons at Circus World in Florida

The other day on Buckles blog ( http://bucklesw.blogspot.com ) The issue of Circus World was explored. I asked who bought the wagons that were there. Dom Yodice was able to give the following reply:

"Bob, The former Ringling wagons that were at Circus World were as follows: 3 short ammo cages, #83 giraffe wagon, #145 prop wagon, #61 prop wagon, #124 large office and #10 menagerie supply. Supposedly #11 generator was also there but I don't remember seeing it. Alan Hill purchased the three ammo cages and the 85 hippo cage plus some of the small spec floats. He used them for several years at the Sarasota Festival. I don't recall who purchased the other wagons.The giraffe wagon, #145 props and two of the ammo cages are currently at the Circus Hall of Fame in Peru. The hippo den #85, #73 ammo cage and #10 menagerie supply are currently at the Circus World Museum in Baraboo as you well know. I don't know the final disposition of #61 and #124. Perhaps someone can help us with those two wagons. Dom Yodice"

So now, I offer the photos of wagons I took at Circus World during my visits. Maybe someone can help identify the actual wagons now that we can see them.

No comments: