Monday, January 12, 2009

Flatcar # 8

A few of you know that I have been working on a documentation of the Circus World Museum train for a couple years now. This documentation was about every train car used over the years they had the parades. Every time I think I'm not going to find anything else, another photo appears that adds to the documentation and at times has changed the order of the train consist.
A few Days ago Dick Dykes ran a few pictures of the Cetlin & Wilson Carnival and I commented on this car. This straight sided Flatcar is currently outside of the train sheds at the Circus World Museum. It is considered to be the oldest flatcar still in existance in Show business. The Historical information at the end is in part due to the work Mr. Fred Dahlinger Jr. did while at the CWM. I have greatly expanded it and brought it up to date.
I will ask all of you, if you have a Schlitz or Great Parade poster would you mind emailing me a digital photo of it to add to the complete history? I have many but I'm missing some. You can reach me at my website address; tigeract@thecircusworld.com
Thanks,
Bob

No comments: