Thursday, September 11, 2008

Let Freedom Ring!

I find it very interesting that as much as we talk about how things have changed over the years, this is 100 years old and says the same thing we believe in today.

In my time not associated with the Circus, circus research, my circus website, conventions, and all, I'm a Volunteer Firefighter in our Community. That also keeps my plate full being the Training Officer for our Dept., an Instructor for the South Carolina Fire Academy, a Hazardous Materials Technician, a member of the Regional Emergency Mangement Team, a member of the International Association of Arson Investigators Inc. and the Sec./Tres. of the Chesterfield County Firefighters Association. We do remember 9-11 and the many lessons still to be learned from such a catastrophe.

Actually, I'm considering giving up sleeping. It's taking too much time out of my schedule.

2 comments:

Down the Road by Jim said...

Geeze , you should have been twins !Saw Otto Ringling on this -- what is it ? A bookmark size thingy -- anything on the back -- something new !

Bob Cline said...

I bought this on eBay years ago. It doesn't look 100 years old so I do question it's authenticity but the card is a Postcard type material, its 3 1/4" x 6 1/4" and the entire flag is raised or embossed. Its pretty neat.
Bob