Thursday, August 27, 2009

Walthers Models


Then for the next question? This Walthers Red box has the Great Circus Train on it. Is this the original set that was issued when the poster on Jim's blog was? Check out http://poles2engine.blogspot.com/
The new 2009 Walthers catalogue says they introduced the Great Circus Train series in 1985. The poster in their catalogue "ALMOST" matches the one on Jim's blog today. So now we are back to the original question. When was the Yellow box series issued by Walthers?

2 comments:

Johnny Ripp said...

Hi Bob,
The yeller' box(s)contained circus models that came either decorated for other shows(Cole Bros. ,Tim McCoy,etc.,,) and for undecorated models as well. As for the poster, I have one from the original issue that I'm searching for. I'll send it if I find it.

Johnny

Johnny Ripp said...

OK I checked out the poster and mine is the same as the one on Jim's blog. And that is the one I recieved when I got my set, which came as a subscription, back in 1985.
Sad that Art "Jolly" Petri has left the tent. Many fond memories working the train to Milwaukee....

Johnny