Sunday, July 25, 2010

CHS Convention


The CHS Convention has gone down in the history books as one of the best! The Board of Trustees met this morning for three hours and then it was time to head for home. Got to Chicago in good time, returned the car and caught a shuttle immediately. I'm going home!
NO, not exactly....... The storms that closed Chicago on Saturday, closed Philadelphia today. Our plane couldn't get here from Philadelphia so the flight home was cancelled and rescheduled for tomorrow. After some serious pleading and begging, they got me on a different airline to Knoxville to make a connection to Charlotte.
Only problem was that the plane was 1 1/2 hours late. By time we got to Knoxville, my plane was gone and I'm stuck in Knoxville for the night. But hey..... The Convention was fantastic!
I think it's about time for a Budweiser!

3 comments:

Randy said...

sounds like you deserve one.....

Bob Cline said...

Just one?

Down the Road by Jim said...

Well , that depends --- if you have to buy them yourself , or if someone hands you a 6 pack ---- we used to say , " It's O.K. I'm with the band " ----- today we would say , " It's O.K. , I'm a blogger " ------ welcome home! FACT !!